[pulseaudio-discuss] PCM Capture Source of usb audio not supported by pulseaudio

Nazar Mokrynskyi nazar at mokrynskyi.com
Mon Jun 22 15:38:49 PDT 2015

> Do you mean mic capture volume always reset to maximum by driver or
> pulseaudio ?
No
> pactl list sources
http://pastebin.com/Dd0XLamN
I'm using 4.1 mode, since 2.1 is not working properly yet
> Why do write_to_hw change to false if you capture volume control have
> dB scale ?
I have no idea about this and following questions. There is something
wrong, but I have no idea what.
To make it a bit more clear what is happening I've prepared a
screencast: https://owncloud.mokrynskyi.com/index.php/s/blA5Kz8mvv7Bcbl
It shows bugs I've mentioned in mailing list.
By the way, It might be possible to organize remote access to VM with
sound card connected, so you can check and try whatever you need there
with real sound card, what you think?

Sincerely, Nazar Mokrynskyi
github.com/nazar-pc
Skype: nazar-pc
Diaspora: nazarpc at diaspora.mokrynskyi.com
Tox: A9D95C9AA5F7A3ED75D83D0292E22ACE84BA40E912185939414475AF28FD2B2A5C8EF5261249