[pulseaudio-discuss] PCM Capture Source of usb audio not supported by pulseaudio

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:59:55 PDT 2015

>> Do you mean mic capture volume always reset to maximum by driver or
pulseaudio ?

> No
>>
>> pactl list sources
>
> http://pastebin.com/Dd0XLamN

Your output did not include source usb audio input

Do you mean your usb audio are not default source ?

What is the default source ? alc892 analong input, alc892 output monitor,
usb output monitor or usb analog input

> I'm using 4.1 mode, since 2.1 is not working properly yet

What do you mean "not working properly" ?

Are you complie and run from git ?

>> Why do write_to_hw change to false if you capture volume control have dB
scale ?

> I have no idea about this and following questions. There is something
wrong, but I have no idea what.

when pulseaudio did not find dB scale or user specify ignore dB scale ,
pulseaudio just set volume to maximum and use software volume

It use snd_mixer_elem_set_capture_volume instead of snd_mixer_elem_s
et_capture_dB