[pulseaudio-discuss] HDMI audio passthrough no longer working

Xamindar junkxamindar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 00:54:22 PST 2015

Further testing has shown that this is a pulseaudio problem. When I have
my audio device set to "Digital Surround 7.1" as it should be,
passthrough will not work in any app I test (kodi and vlc). My options
are here in this image: http://i.imgur.com/3zkMsGy.png
I do have the passthrough settings checked as can be seen in this image:
http://i.imgur.com/N7KMCZc.png

If I downgrade my settings to the "Digital Stereo" option then
passthrough will work for some reason.

Is this a limitation/regression in pulseaudio? Or do I simply have some
configuration set wrong?