[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio muted channel - VT1708S - Archlinux

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 22:23:44 PDT 2015

> First some details:
> I have an VT1708S sound card with a rear panel and and top/front panel My
Speakers are plugged on the rear panel corresponding to the "surround"
channel on alsamixer. While I always have my headset plugged in on the top
panel.

> This is not user specific but system wide.
>
> Now the issue;
> The Surround channel is always muted when PulseAudio starts, doesn't
mater if the headset are plugged in or not. I have used alsamixer to unmute
and run "sudo alsa-store" but it hasn't worked
> I also tried to stop PulseAudio Daemon that restore the mixer's level but
it hasn't work.
> This issue has started months ago, but never got around to sort it before.

You have to post output of alsa-info.sh before and after you plugged the
headphone

How many audio jacks in rear panel, you need to switch channel mode to
retask the input jacks as output if you want suuround40 or surround51

The recent change in power management or hardware fault in your front audio
panel jack detection may affect rear panel

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda/patch_via.c?id=688b12cc3ca8a5155b95ce8d01e0e43006813b27