[pulseaudio-discuss] R: Re: Many differences between pulseaudio built from source and installed from package

Erotavlas_turbo at libero.it Erotavlas_turbo at libero.it
Thu May 7 01:37:39 PDT 2015

Hi,
thank you for your reply, but you answered only to one of my doubts. By using
the same OS, I compiled both pulseaudio 5.0 and pulseaudio 6.0 from source with
the following command line:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --disable-
bluez4 --disable-rpath --with-module-dir=/usr/lib/pulse/modules
The results is that pulseaudio 5.0 has 23 modules while pulseaudio 6.0 has
only 13 modules. Why?
1) Is there a way to choose which modules to install?
2) Is it right that the resampling profiles src-sinc-best-quality src-sinc-
medium-quality src-sinc-fastest src-zero-order-hold src-linear are deprecated
since pulseaudio 6.0?
3) When building from source is option --enable-neon-opt  Enable NEON the only
performance improvement that I can enable?

Thank you
Salvatore