[pulseaudio-discuss] unable to remove sink or source suspension when switching desktop environment

Oz Dror odror7 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 08:39:20 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 2:42 AM, Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote:

> PulseAudio suspends the devices when your user doesn't have access to
> them any more. Your user loses access to the devices when you switch to
> a vt on which your user is not active. These access control changes are
> done by logind.

I do have an access to the audio group.

I do not know if this can explain that, but the group id number for audio
in the container is different then the one in in the host. (this is a
privileged container)

> I don't know if there's any way to make logind think that your user is
> in active on the container vt.

So if that is the issue why it is not suspended when I switch to tty1-6

> If not, you can work around this problem
> by adding your user to the "audio" group. Then your user will always
> have access to the audio devices.

I am already in the audio group. Because the container and the host have
different group id I added
audio-host group id to (called audio-host) to the container and I allowed
access to to it for me and for the lxc audio group.

Is there any to force the computer to go out of suspension. I am the only
user.