[pulseaudio-discuss] Help needed configuring Bluetooth speaker with system mode

Northern Lights Info info at northernlights3d.com
Sun May 31 07:44:31 PDT 2015

I tried a longer file (e.g. A full 3 minute song).  All that happens is
that the play light on the speaker stays lit for a long time but no sound.
Oddly enough, I had to use a wav file.  An mp3 wouldn¹t load at all.

On 5/31/15, 6:17 AM, "Tanu Kaskinen" <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote:

>Sounds like the kernel is just not consuming any data in the bluetooth
>socket.
>
>If paplay talks about draining, it means that it reached the end of the
>file. Is the file very short? Could you try with a longer file? I don't
>expect that to work any better, but at least that will rule out the
>possibility that it's only the draining that is failing in paplay.

No idea what all this means.  Device information as shown by bluetoothctl
says that it¹s a headset.
Why isn¹t all of this plug & play?  If I pair somebody else¹s speaker, why
should I have to dink around with low-level settings?