[pulseaudio-discuss] switch default sink on autoconnect

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Nov 6 14:23:08 PST 2015

Hi all,
I just bought a bluetooth hifi and started using it from
an ubuntu/unity system, but everytime the hifi is turned off and on
I loose volume control.

The output is correctly automatically redirected to the newly detected
bluetooth but the volume isn't, and I have to manually call

 pactl set-default-sink bluez_sink.40_EF_4C_60_6C_62

(or take equivalent GUI action) to get the volume control back.

My /etc/pulse/default.pa is here: http://strk.keybit.net/tmp/default.pa
The set-default-sink line near the end is mine (but uneffective).
The last line (commented out) was not needed for autoconnect, and
doesn't help with default switch. All the rest is the package default.

Do you know how I could make the default switch automatic,
or figure out what's changing it ?

PS: please include my address in the reply as I'm not subscribed,
    thanks !

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt