[pulseaudio-discuss] Issues will vala and pulse vapi

Aaron Paden aaronbpaden at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 16:17:23 PST 2015

So I was asking around IRC (both channels) about why a personal
project[1] I was working on was generating a non-existent
pulse_audio_source_info_destroy, and it looks like the vapi file is
possibly the issue. I'm not that familiar with either vala or pulse,
so possibly I'm just doing something really stupid, but it looks like
the issue is that vala is expecting to manage a SourceInfo struct,
while SourceInfo is actually only provided as a const pointer in the
API (I think) and doesn't have any memory management.

I was looking around the vapi file, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I
think SourceInfo should be unowned in the api, but I'm not sure how to
denote that for structs. Or perhaps there is a ccode for that? Is
there an index of ccode attributes somewhere?

[1] http://paste.fedoraproject.org/292593/88300144/