[pulseaudio-discuss] Develop pulseaudio module outof pulseaudio

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 23:19:14 PST 2015

24.11.2015 09:34, Gupta Abhiruchi (RBEI/ECF4) wrote:
> I have installed pulseaudio and libpulseaudio package but not able to
> get pulseaudio core header files installed. How to get these files. My
> requirement is to write a pulseaudio module out of pulseaudio tree.

Out-of-tree modules are currently indeed impossible to develop.

Please think, however, whether you need a module at all. In many cases,
a PulseAudio module is not necessary. If you need some signal
processing, please write a LADSPA plugin instead, and load
module-ladspa-sink. If you want to output audio to some non-standard
network protocol, please write an ALSA plugin that speaks this protocol,
and a management daemon that discovers targets and loads
module-alsa-sink. I am sure similar solutions exist for other use cases,
too.

Or, you can contribute the module if you think that it is of general
interest.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov