[pulseaudio-discuss] [BUG?] I get a profile with 2 outputs, but if I mute headphone it mutes both ports

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 21:43:26 PDT 2015

> > I was responsible for plugin the cables from the front panel to the
motherboard, I don't remember where exactly on the MOBO I plugged the front
panel audio cables but I followed my MOBO manual (Z77-DS3H). And on
Windows, this problem doesn't occur.

> The driver disable jack detection of headphone and add CD input pin since
all gigabyte motherboards have same PCI SSID 0x1458a002

> you have headphone phantom jack when Misc bit of pin default is set
(indicate that no pin detection circuit on HDA front audio panel)

> > /sys/class/sound/hwC0D2/init_pin_configs:
> > 0x11 0x99430130
> > 0x12 0x411111f0
> > 0x14 0x01014410
> > 0x15 0x411111f0
> > 0x16 0x411111f0
> > 0x17 0x411111f0
> > 0x18 0x01a19c50
> > 0x19 0x02a19c60
> > 0x1a 0x0181345f
> > 0x1b 0x02214c20
> > 0x1c 0x411111f0
> > 0x1d 0x4004c601
> > 0x1e 0x411111f0
> > 0x1f 0x411111f0
> >
> > /sys/class/sound/hwC0D2/driver_pin_configs:
> > 0x1b 0x02214120
> > 0x1c 0x993301f0

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda?id=b2c53e206967d01fd4fb6dd525f89ae738beb2e6

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda?id=8f2392142346f2754c8292a94cc62a157ed1e093

The driver should check the codec id for those gigabytes motherboard