[pulseaudio-discuss] How to disable microphone auto adjust?

Luis Cavalheiro pessoal at profcavalheiro.com
Tue Apr 19 14:17:33 UTC 2016

Guys, I want to disable microphone auto adjust. I found this feature very
annoying (my voice is very irregular, which means mic input volume jumps
from 50% to 100% in less than 10s and then back to 50% in same amount of
time), and I need to turn it off. Sadly to me, even with Google help I
couldn't find any documentation about how to disable microphone auto
adjust. Things I've tried:
- turn off flat volumes and deferrence on daemon.conf;
- turn off all mic boost volumes on default.pa.
I would love any advice about how to disable PulseAudio microphone auto
adjustment. Honestly, mic auto adjust is bullshit and I'm tired of it.