[pulseaudio-discuss] Microphone not being detected after reboot

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:56:08 UTC 2016

> So every time I reboot, pulse doesn't 'see' my mic anymore. I reboot and
pavucontrol shows this: https://i.imgur.com/ivFBCII.png As you can see, no
mic under input devices, the whole device is missing that would normally
show a drop-down menu to select front, rear or line-in. Then I simply pull
my mic out of the microphone jack and plug it back it and voila:
https://i.imgur.com/bCcI7h2.png My mic is there and it works. This happens
every time I reboot. This is my alsa-info.sh output after having rebooted,
with no microphone visible in pavucontrol: http://lpaste.net/159686
> And this is alsa-info after having taken out the mic and plugging it back
in, it works now:
> http://lpaste.net/159687

This is because your front audio panel does not support jack detection,
your uefi set misc bit of pin default.

The jack state of your front HP and front Mic are unknown, pulseaudio only
know line in is not available.

Front Mic and rear Mic are available