[pulseaudio-discuss] Problem with switch-on-connect

Nikolay Amiantov ab at fmap.me
Thu Feb 4 02:36:17 PST 2016

On 02/04/2016 06:45 AM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> Do you use KDE? If you load module-stream-restore with
> restore_device=false, and the fallback sink is set correctly, the only
> reason I can think of why streams would not go to the fallback sink is
> that module-device-manager is loaded. The module is not in default.pa,
> but start-pulseaudio-x11 loads it when run as part of KDE session
> initialization, and I think KMix might load it too if not already
> loaded. When things don't work, does "pactl list modules" show module-
> device-manager?

A-ha! I have not been using KDE, but for some reason my distribution
starts it as a part of default desktop initialization [1]. When I
removed that module with `pacmd unload-module` everything started
working correctly. Thanks, I'll submit a bug downstream.

1:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/nixos/modules/services/x11/display-managers/default.nix#L95

--
Nikolay.