[pulseaudio-discuss] Config option to disable auto microphone boost?

Laszlo KERTESZ laszlo.kertesz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 11:56:08 UTC 2016

Oh well. I have pulseaudio 9 installed, but this AGC issue, at least on my
laptop is actually worse on Google Hangouts on Chrome at least (webrtc echo
cancellation with no additional options). I had to set microphone boost to
zero in
the /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/analog-input-dock-mic.conf to
make it work. Skype web seems to be ok (on Chrome).
Other applications seem to work ok, probably they do not try to crank the
boost as hard a Hangout does?
Actually so far only Hangouts created issues with echo-cancel.