[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio bluetooth sink problems

backup luis backupluis at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 07:03:10 UTC 2016

After days compiling and trying different configurations and versions with the bluez stack,
I got pulseaudio running in a tiny router with OpenWrt, but not very well, the sound
get some distortion, stops, echo, delay, chop and so on...

Anyway, I know that is a very limited hardware for my needs, but I need to resolve one specific
problem because if I can resolve it I will buy a better hardware for my project.

When I play a song from the cell phone, if the sound level of the song is low, what I hear is almost
perfect, but if the sound level rise, by the song itself or if I rise the volume in the cell phone
the sound get very distorted, I check sink and output volumes in the pulseaudio, testing from 1% to 100%
and nothing changes, only the level of the audio card output, but the distortion persist. Testing the same
sound/songs in mp3 and wav formats.
And when I try to play with an old Nokia phone, I only ear noise, like white noise regardless of the volume, this
noise is constant, not like a distorted sound.

Pulseaudio: 6.00, 6.22.9 and 8.99.2 compiled for dbus
Bluez: 5.30
Cell Phone: Android
Old Cell Phone: Nokia

paplay with some wav files sounds good.
the sound board and the router is running well with another programs like madplay, alsamixer, mpd.

Some tip is really apreciated.

Thanks
Luis