[pulseaudio-discuss] another reason not to like pulseaudio

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Mar 5 16:16:29 UTC 2016

speech for the screen reader won't go out the usb speakers yet but when
I set-default-sink to the usb speakers and I think the string after the
sink number in the pactl list sinks command is what foo is supposed to
be I ran speaker-test and static came from the usb speakers after a
reboot.  I had to plug the 3.5MM jack back in to get speech though on
the next reboot.  Unfortunately screen reader accessibility solutions
providing speech do not search usb ports for speakers yet.  In future I
hope this changes if for no other reason than to accommodate those who
get a computer with no 3.5MM jacks and only usb ports.