[pulseaudio-discuss] Upgrading a pa script from Ubuntu 12.04 to 16.10

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Tue Nov 15 10:17:08 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-11-15 at 04:03 -0500, Joe wrote:
> The only remaining weirdness (pending further testing and use) is that
> vlc seems to remember what audio output it was last using - even if it
> isn't running when I switch the outputs. When that happens, I have to go
> into the audio menu of vlc and manually select the current desired
> output. No big deal, just unexpected.

Is vlc the only one application showing this behaviour? I would expect
all applications to do the same. module-stream-restore remembers your
choice when you move streams. You probably don't want that feature, and
you can disable it by replacing

    load-module module-stream-restore

with

    load-module module-stream-restore restore_device=false

in /etc/pulse/default.pa

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk