[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio and bluetooth - first instanz grabs bt-device

Jakob Schürz wertstoffe at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Sep 6 09:55:51 UTC 2016

Hi there!

I have a special setup for my pulseaudio. It uses RTP on localhost, so
that i can listen to mpd (running as systemwide service under user mpd)
whether I'm logged in or not.
I have a default.pa in the usedir from mpd (contains only a rtp-send),
and i use /etc/pulse/default.pa for all other users (activated rtp-receive).

Now is the problem, when i add a bluetooth-device the first instanz of
pulseaudio grabs this device. This pa-instanze is the pa-server from
Debian-gdm or mpd. Not the loggedin user.

If i want to pair a bt-keyboard or my mobile-phone, or an external
bt-speaker (Headset) as user in gnome, nothing is found. Or the pairing
doesn't work, or the connection to the audio-device is refused.

When i kill the pulseaudio-server from gdm and mpd, bluetooth works like
a charme for the loginuser.

I found in Archwiki the hint, to mask the pa for gdm. But this is not
what i want, because in this case, i can't listen to my music, when i'm
not logged in (what i want!!!)

Any ideas?

Jakob