[pulseaudio-discuss] Internal working of pulseaudio init

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Aug 3 03:44:58 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-08-02 at 15:17 +0530, Sathish Narasimman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how the pa__init functions are initialized.
> Looking into the code each pa__init are replaced with a unique MACRO.
>
> I was trying to find the module-loopback.c pa__init starting. And how
> to use this module.
>
> Please help to know the flow.

I'm not sure what you mean by "trying to find the module-loopback.c
pa__init starting". Do you mean how pa__init() gets called? The modules
are dlopened libraries. When a module is loaded, pa_module_load() in
src/pulsecore/module.c finds the symbol for pa__init and calls the
function.

As for how to use module-loopback in general, the module documentation
can be found here:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Modules/#index64h3

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk