[pulseaudio-discuss] USB headset Steelseries Arctis troubleshooting

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed Aug 30 14:50:02 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-08-29 at 13:00 +0300, Johan Heikkilä wrote:

> > I've updated the patch: https://johanh.net/steelseries_arctis.patch
> >

> Do you think this actually could be added to pulseaudio? What is the
> process? (I can send the patch to the mailing list if needed).

Yes, it can be added.

I made some modifications to the patch (new version attached), can you
test that it still works well? Modifications:

- a little bit of editing of the commit message
- added copyright boilerplate to the path files
- edited/expanded the comments in the profile-set and path files
- removed the explicit descriptions from the mappings
- merged the mono input and output mappings into one definition
- renamed the mappings to use standard names

Using standard mapping names allows pulseaudio to generate the
descriptions automatically and with translation support.

The mapping priorities are not configured, but maybe they should be.
The stereo output profile should have higher priority than the mono
output profile, and the manual profile should have higher priority than
any other profile. Check the profile priorities with "pactl list
cards".

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk