[pulseaudio-discuss] USB headset Steelseries Arctis troubleshooting

Johan Heikkilä johan.heikkila at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 19:09:33 UTC 2017

> I made some modifications to the patch (new version attached), can you
> test that it still works well? Modifications:

It works (except when patching I had to remove the row with
dell-dock-tb16-usb-audio.conf from 90-pulseaudio.rules, because it
didn't exist in master).

I tried compiling pulseaudio and installing, too, but I didn't get the
mono output device with a different name than
"steelseries-arctis-output-mono" (I'm sure I did something wrong here,
never tried compiling pulseaudio before).

> The mapping priorities are not configured, but maybe they should be.
> The stereo output profile should have higher priority than the mono
> output profile, and the manual profile should have higher priority than
> any other profile. Check the profile priorities with "pactl list
> cards".

I had to change the new profile priority to 5100. Otherwise the
"Analog Stereo Output + Analog Mono Input" profile was selected by
default (priority 5000).

pactl list cards  (with the new profile changed to 5100)
https://pastebin.com/YWunVHAS

--
Johan Heikkilä
<johan.heikkila at gmail.com>