[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseadio on Raspberry Pi or C.H.I.P.

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Tue Feb 21 17:56:57 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-02-21 at 09:53 +0000, Emil Borconi-Szedressy wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to set up a small (and cheap) ARM SBC to operate as a HFP+A2DP
> receiver. I have read loads of documentation on how to get this done and I
> had some success on a Raspberry Pi 2 using pre-build packages from
> Jessie-Backport, but I will really like to get it done on a Raspberry Pi
> Zero or on C.H.I.P. (www.getchip.com)
>
> Bottom line is I managed to install Ofono 1.18 + Bluez 5.23 + PulseAudio 10
> on a Raspberry Pi Zero, everything looks to be working but I have no sound
> when making phone calls, everything else work correctly.
>
> The issue is exactly the same I found here:
> http://pulseaudio-discuss.freedesktop.narkive.com/G4WDywWZ/hfp-hf-reject-sco-issue
> but I wasn't able to find a solution to the problem.

Do you mean that your issue is exactly the same as described in the
first message (audio routing fails with "Reject SCO : Agent not
registered" message from oFono)?

> PulseAudio is running in System mode.

Did you read the "Using bluetooth when running PulseAudio in the system
mode" section on
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Bluetooth/
?

> I'm a beginner in Linux so please take it gently.
>
> Let me know what logs / config files should I provide in order to identify
> the problem/issue.

"pactl list" would be useful as a start.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk