[pulseaudio-discuss] Coverity scan

Philip Withnall philip at tecnocode.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 12:06:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Wed, 2017-02-22 at 11:52 +0000, Philip Withnall wrote:
> Apologies if this has been discussed before (I don’t follow
> PulseAudio
> development), but why not stick this in the server-side Coverity
> modelling file? Does that not work?

Having just tried it, apparently it doesn’t work. I guess the
preprocessing is all done at cov-build time, and no information about
macros is sent up to the server for the modelling file to use.

> Failing that, there’s the __COVERITY__ macro which could be used to
> change the definition of pa_assert_se() in upstream git:
> https://lost-contact.mit.edu/afs/cs.stanford.edu/pkg/prevent-4.3.1/i3
> 86
> _linux26/opt/prevent-linux-4.3.1/doc/prevent_admin.html#N40430

So there’s still this to try.

Philip

(Note: I’m not on the PulseAudio mailing list, so please include me in
CC in replies.)