[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio dynamic tunnel sink

Pascal Heinrich pascalheinrich.de at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:24:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

in my setup I have multiple tunnel-sinks defined and they are combined
via module-combine-sink.
All is running great and syncronous.

Now sometimes the master pulseaudio server with mpd install comes up
before all slaves are running.
Is there any way to append a sink to a already running combine-sink?

I tried unload-module module-combine-sink and add the new tunnel-sink
followed by recreating the module-combine-sink including the new one.
Unfortunately this results in mpd isn't able to play anything

mpd.log
Jan 23 17:14 : pulse_output: Failed to enable "My Pulse Output" [pulse]:
pa_context_connect() has failed: Connection refused
Jan 23 17:14 : output: Failed to open audio output

pulseaudio.log
a thousand times ...
Jan 23 17:14:43 ARCH_MEDIA pulseaudio[390]: D: [pulseaudio]
module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC0 is accessible: yes
Jan 23 17:14:43 ARCH_MEDIA pulseaudio[390]: D: [pulseaudio]
module-udev-detect.c: Resuming all sinks and sources of card
alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1b.0.

So is there any way to do this dynamically?

Best regards,
Pascal