[pulseaudio-discuss] echo-cancel does not work after PulseAudio rebuild in Ubuntu

Dmitry Vinokurov gim6626 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 10:16:10 UTC 2017

Hi,

I work with Ubuntu 14.04.5 and faced troubles with rebuilding PulseAudio
from source. PulseAudio here is 4.0-0ubuntu11.1, but I need to rebuild it
and include recent patch https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/65100/
which improves echo-cancel module.

I tried to rebuild PA following instructions from Ubuntu community docs
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpdatingADeb . I.e. "apt-get build-dep
...", "apt-get source ...", "patch ...", "debchange -i", "dpkg-source
--commit", "debuild -us -uc -i -I". Built was successful, only one error -
"pulseaudio: postrm-does-not-call-updaterc.d-for-init.d-script
etc/init.d/pulseaudio", but I think it should be ignored. Then I installed
built packages using debi, tried to launch PA and get following error:

    $ pulseaudio -vvv
    <...>
    D: [pulseaudio] module-systemd-login.c: Added new session c2
    I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-systemd-login" (index: #14;
argument: "").
    I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-position-event-sounds" (index:
#15; argument: "").
    I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-filter-heuristics" (index:
#16; argument: "").
    I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-filter-apply" (index: #17;
argument: "").
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 689: _dl_open: Assertion
`_dl_debug_initialize (0, args.nsid)->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT' failed!

The moment when launch fails is exact the moment when echo-cancel module
should start. Furthermore, even if I rebuild PA without any significant
changes - I get same error. If I use PA from officical Ubuntu repo - it
starts without any error and launchs echo-cancel module successfully.

This is how I enable echo-cancel, these lines I added to the end of
/etc/pulse/default.pa:

    load-module module-echo-cancel source_name=noechosource
sink_name=noechosink
    set-default-source noechosource
    set-default-sink noechosink

Could anybody suggest how can I solve this problem with rebuilding PA?
Maybe the way I rebuild package is wrong in some point. As I said, the
problem is not even with rebuilding modified PA, but with simple rebuilding
it without any changes, so seems that the problem is with build process
itself.

Sorry if it is not related to PA and is only building in Ubuntu problem.

--
Best Regards,
Dmitry Vinokurov