[pulseaudio-discuss] bluetooth latencies

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Mon Jan 30 16:35:53 UTC 2017

Hello,

in module-bluez5-device.c and module-bluez4-device.c, latencies for
bluetooth are defined as follows:

#define FIXED_LATENCY_PLAYBACK_A2DP (25 * PA_USEC_PER_MSEC)
#define FIXED_LATENCY_PLAYBACK_SCO (125 * PA_USEC_PER_MSEC)
#define FIXED_LATENCY_RECORD_A2DP   (25 * PA_USEC_PER_MSEC)
#define FIXED_LATENCY_RECORD_SCO    (25 * PA_USEC_PER_MSEC)

Is the fixed latency for SCO playback a mistake? Both headsets I own
report around 28 ms actual latency for the SCO sink, so I cannot
understand why the fixed latency is set to 125 ms. Should I send a
patch to correct it?

Regards
              Georg