[pulseaudio-discuss] Service fails on systemctl start. Status always "activating"

Karl Stahl karl at soundhound.com
Mon May 22 18:21:24 UTC 2017

Thanks for the reply!  I'm running Raspbian and have pulseaudio version 5.0.
I tried changing it to type=simple, and that fixed the notify issue, but it's still not working.  This is what I get:

$ paplay test.wav
connect localhost port 6020: Connection refused
xcb_connection_has_error() returned true
Connection failure: Connection refused
pa_context_connect() failed: Connection refused