[pulseaudio-discuss] How to check visually for XRUNs/drop-out/interruptions and similar in PulseAudio?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed Nov 1 09:55:45 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-10-30 at 15:40 +0100, 21naown at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I would like to know how can I check visually (with an indicator for
> example) for XRUNs/drop-out/interruptions and similar?
> I use (on Debian):
> – pulseaudio (configured to work with jack);
> – pulseaudio-module-jack;
> – qjackctl.
>
> I know QjackCtl can display the XRUNs but in my mind, it can only
> display part of the existing XRUNs when it works with PulseAudio, but
> maybe I am wrong.

I think QJackCtl shows all xruns that happen in jack. Whether
PulseAudio is being used or not shouldn't make any difference.

As for drop-outs in PulseAudio, QJackCtl won't show those, unless they
also cause xruns in jack. PulseAudio doesn't currently provide any
mechanism for getting notifications about drop-outs.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk