[pulseaudio-discuss] module-sine for generating two independent sine wave signals on the left and right output of a sound device

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Sat Nov 11 12:37:04 UTC 2017

On 11.11.2017 13:29, S.C.T.N Gmbh wrote:

> Perfect, it works. Thank you a lot.
>
> Only one problem remains: I don’t know how to stop the two
> modules-sine independently:
>
> I use:
>
> To define the left channel:
> pactl load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=left_mono
> master=alsa_output.platform-soc_audio.analog-stereo channels=1
> master_channel_map=front-left channel_map=front-left remix=no
>
> 24
>
> To define the right channel:
>
> pactl load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=right_mono
> master=alsa_output.platform-soc_audio.analog-stereo channels=1
> master_channel_map=front-right channel_map=front-right remix=no
>
> 25
>
> To start sine on the left:
> pactl load-module module-sine sink=left_mono frequency=921
>
> 26
>
> To start sine on the right:
>
> pactl load-module module-sine sink=right_mono frequency=821
>
> 27
>
> I dont know how to stop one of the module-sine while leaving the other
> one on.
>
> The CLI says to specify a module index or a module name. I suppose the
> index ist he number that is displayed after entering the command? (In
> the above example 26,27)
>
> But when I use e.g.
>
> Pactl unload-module
>
> Both channels are stopped.

I added the list again. Yes, using the module index like "pactl
unload-module 26" should unload
only the single sine module. If you use the name, all instances of the
module are unloaded.
Doesn't that work for you? That would be a bug.
You can also see the module index with "pactl list modules short".