[pulseaudio-discuss] RAOP, pavucontrol and general "Latency offset"

Chris Billington chrisjbillington at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:51:15 UTC 2017

Hi Colin,

A while ago I wanted to set the latency offset of a null sink, and I wrote
some patches to be able to do this, not by adding a port, but by adding the
ability to set the latency offset on a sink. I'm sure you can find them if
you search this list for my name. However I never got around to tidying up
the patches for inclusion in pulseaudio.

I'm just mentioning it because if it wasn't too much hassle, you might
consider applying your approach in a general way that allows null sinks to
have a port associated with them too. If you did then it would solve my
problem (latency control over a network using a custom streaming thing of
mine based on a null sink) too.

Cheers,

Chris