[pulseaudio-discuss] bluetooth headset disconection

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sat Oct 7 18:51:29 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-10-02 at 10:37 +0900, Shinnosuke Suzuki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use pulseaudio with bluetooth headset, it seems fine at start.
> I could see sink/source set to bluetooth headset with pactl.
> However, when I disconnect bluetooth headset with turning off the headset,
> pulseaudio maybe runaway. Looking at CPU usage of top command, pulseaudio
> exceeds 90%.
> I could only kill with kill command not the Ctrl+C.
> I checked pulseaudio-discussion ML, I found similar issue “pulseaudio a2dp
> disconnect problem”.
> So I tried with configuration which written in the post, but it could not
> be changed.
> I attached the log for pulseaudio and configuration system.pa , default.pa.

Your attached log ends at this message:

    D: [pulseaudio] module-always-sink.c: Autoloading null-sink as no other sinks detected.

Is that the last message that you see, and after that PulseAudio is
stuck? If so, then it should be possible to find the infinite loop by
adding extra logging to the code that follows that message. Or if you
know how to use some profiling tool, that should do the trick as well.

As a workaround you could also try removing module-always-sink from the
configuration. Maybe you don't need it.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk