[pulseaudio-discuss] bluetooth headset disconection

Shinnosuke Suzuki suzukisn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 04:20:50 UTC 2017

Dear Tanu,

Thank you for reply.

>As a workaround you could also try removing module-always-sink from the
>configuration. Maybe you don't need it.

I removed module-always-sink from the configuration. Behavior has changed.
When I disconnect bluetooth headset with turning off the headset, pulseaudio
didn't runaway.
However, I connect bluetooth headset with turning on the headset again, and
I execute
connect command to the headset with bluetoothctl. Pulseaudio also runaway.
I attached the log which I got.

This is the last message that I see, and after that PulseAudio is stuck.
D: [pulseaudio] module-bluez5-discover.c: Loading module-bluez5-device
path=/org/bluez/hci0/dev_00_14_BE_8A_7B_FE

Best Regards,
Shinnosuke Suzuki

> On Mon, 2017-10-02 at 10:37 +0900, Shinnosuke Suzuki wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I use pulseaudio with bluetooth headset, it seems fine at start.
> > I could see sink/source set to bluetooth headset with pactl.
> > However, when I disconnect bluetooth headset with turning off the
> headset,
> > pulseaudio maybe runaway. Looking at CPU usage of top command, pulseaudio
> > exceeds 90%.
> > I could only kill with kill command not the Ctrl+C.
> > I checked pulseaudio-discussion ML, I found similar issue “pulseaudio
> a2dp
> > disconnect problem”.
> > So I tried with configuration which written in the post, but it could not
> > be changed.
> > I attached the log for pulseaudio and configuration system.pa ,
> default.pa.
>
> Your attached log ends at this message:
>
>     D: [pulseaudio] module-always-sink.c: Autoloading null-sink as no
> other sinks detected.
>
> Is that the last message that you see, and after that PulseAudio is
> stuck? If so, then it should be possible to find the infinite loop by
> adding extra logging to the code that follows that message. Or if you
> know how to use some profiling tool, that should do the trick as well.
>
> As a workaround you could also try removing module-always-sink from the
> configuration. Maybe you don't need it.
>
> --
> Tanu
>
> https://www.patreon.com/tanuk