[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio user not found

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Oct 10 15:56:45 UTC 2017

This is the response I get without the --daemonize parameter on the
pulseaudio command line and the typescript file fails to start with
--daemonize too.
cut here.
Script started on 2017-10-10 11:51:05-0400
[root at taf ~]# cat pa.sh
#/usr/bin/env bash
# file: pa.sh - pulseaudio system startup script.
pulseaudio --system=True --disallow-exit=True --disallow-module-loading=True --daemonize
[root at taf ~]# ./pa.sh
N: [pulseaudio] main.c: Running in system mode, forcibly disabling SHM mode.
N: [pulseaudio] main.c: Running in system mode, forcibly disabling exit idle time.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup failed.
[root at taf ~]# exit
exit

Script done on 2017-10-10 11:51:40-0400
I'll try all of this under a user account to see if I get identical
failures.