[pulseaudio-discuss] XCB Error returns true

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Sep 13 15:43:13 UTC 2017

I found what causes this error any time I play a sound file on any media
device in addition to using espeakup and having that speak too.
It turns out an export statement in my .bashrc file is the cause.
export DISPLAY=taf:0.0
I comment that line out, then the error goes away.  I had put that line in
my .bashrc file against the day when a graphical user environment like
gnome or mate would be installed and run with orca and had also figured to
have xorg and xorg-xinit installed to get me a connection to the X
environment after I had logged in using the console and espeakup.
It looks like lots of this stuff simply will not work.