[pulseaudio-discuss] AppArmor profile for pulseaudio

Felipe Sateler fsateler at debian.org
Thu Sep 14 00:16:07 UTC 2017

I have been told downstream[1] that there is an AppArmor profile that
is worked on by people from Debian, Ubuntu and OpenSUSE. I have been
asked to include it in the debian package but it seems to me that this
benefits most if included uptream.

Would you be accepting of patches regarding apparmor profiles? An
apparmor profiles is AFAICT just a file that lists certain permissions
that pulseaudio needs (eg, write access to /run/user/$uid/pulse). If
the profile is badly written, it could result in errors as pulseaudio
won't have permission to do what it wants. It is my understanding that
Ubuntu already uses this profile so it has at least some testing in
the wild.
If a user does not have AppArmor installed, the profile becomes a NOP.

According to the submitter, the apparmor people are more than happy to
assist if/when problems arise due to the pulseaudio profile.

What do you think?

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/857798
--

Saludos,