[pulseaudio-discuss] bug in vala binding

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Apr 26 11:45:18 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-04-24 at 01:58 -0300, wellington wallace wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 1:23 PM, wellington wallace <
> wellingtonwallace at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi PA developers!
> >
> > Something doesn't seem right in the vala binding. The struct
> > "SourceOutputInfo" has a property named "sink_usec" when it should be
> > "source_usec". The same naming error can be seen in the binding docs
> > https://valadoc.org/libpulse/PulseAudio.SourceOutputInfo.html. Vala
> > compiler aborts compilation using both "sink_usec" or "source_usec" as the
> > property name.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >              Wellington
> >
> > --
> > Prof.° Wellington Wallace Miguel Melo
> >
> > CEFET/RJ Uned Nova Iguaçu
> >

> The patch below fixes the problem and adds to the vala bindings two missing
> source_output functions. As I have never sent patches to anyone before I am
> not sure if this is the proper way.

Thanks! The diff is good enough for a simple patch (it required some
manual adjusting), and I applied it now. If you know git basics (i.e.
can clone a repository and commit changes), a better way to generate a
patch is to use "git format-patch -1" and attach the result (the "-1"
option means that generate one patch, from the latest commit). Or even
better would be to use "git send-email", which is documented here:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/HowToUseGitSendEmail/

https://liberapay.com/tanuk
https://www.patreon.com/tanuk