[pulseaudio-discuss] Prioritize the latest application (mutually exclusive sound)?

Sun Aug 26 02:17:28 UTC 2018

Hey there!

I want VLC to mute in the background when a new program starts playing
sound and unmouting VLC again if it has stopped. My idea was to use
module-role-cork with trigger and cork_roles set to "music", but it
doesn't work (both programs (VLC+Firefox) play sound at the same time or
when run with "PULSE_PROP='media.role=music'" it starts repeating a
piece like with a broken CD)

Any idea how I can solve this issue would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Daniel