[pulseaudio-discuss] Enabling HSP profie in Pulseaudio

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Jun 15 12:06:55 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-06-13 at 10:15 +0000, Chinthamol CS. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Need to act pulseaudio as headset. Currently we are using pulseaudio 8.0 and bluez_5.37 .
> Current setting of default.pa is attaching with this email.
> What changes are needed inorder to run pulseaudio in Hand set profile.
> We need to connect i.MX6 board( in which ofono and pulse audio service is running) as headset in bluetooth enabled mobile phone.
> Also we need to record voice from i.MX6 board to mobile phone.
>
> By default, in our setup ofono is running.
> I did changes as per https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Bluetooth/
> I restarted pulseaudio after killing current ofono.
> Still HSP profile is not activated.

It's unclear whether you want to use HSP or HFP. You say you want to
use HSP, but ofono is only relevant for HFP.

If you want to use HSP as you say, then you'll need to upgrade
PulseAudio to 11.0 (or 11.1), because older versions don't implement
the headset role. You also should either remove ofono altogether, or
make sure that it's not configured to enable the HFP hands-free role,
because that will interfere with PulseAudio's HSP implementation. If
you don't remove ofono, you should also pass headset=native to module-
bluetooth-discover, because if ofono is running and you use
headset=auto, then PulseAudio will assume that you want to use ofono.

https://liberapay.com/tanuk
https://www.patreon.com/tanuk