[pulseaudio-discuss] Enabling HSP profie in Pulseaudio

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Tue Jun 26 08:10:59 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-06-20 at 07:07 +0000, Chinthamol CS. wrote:
> Hi Tanu,
>
> Yes. I am getting audio from the phone's internal microphone not from
> board's microphone.
> I am using "Voice Recorder" Application in Android phone to record
> audio. Whether I need to do any configuration setting at the phone
> end?

I don't know, I'm not familiar with Android.

> I am able to play songs on Android phone and sound output is always
> routed to the paired BT speaker connected to board.
> In my Android phone I can see both "Phone Audio" and "Media Audio"
> are enabled, Which shows both HFP and A2DP are enabled .
> In the previous mail logs, we can see " headset_head_unit" profile
> availability as "no".  So I doubt whether HSP profile enabling in
> board was not proper? Please do comment on this.
>
>         Profiles:
>                 headset_head_unit: Headset Head Unit (HSP/HFP)
> (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 20, available: no)

headset_head_unit is used with headsets, not with phones. Apparently
the phone is advertising itself as a headset too? Does the
headset_audio_gateway profile exist? That's the one that you'll need to
use (although module-bluetooth-policy should automatically switch to
that profile when the phone initiates the streaming).

https://liberapay.com/tanuk
https://www.patreon.com/tanuk