[pulseaudio-discuss] Sound cracking and distorted...

Jarry mr.jarry at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 14:11:10 UTC 2018

Hi PulseAudio gurus,

I'm desperately looking for solution of my problem, which is
terribly cracking/distorted sound comming from my desktop:
i5-2500k, asus p8z68-v mobo (z68 chipset), gtx-780, realtek
alc892 on-board sound, Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3 installed...

$ lspci -v | grep -i audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)
	Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family
High Definition Audio Controller
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK110 HDMI Audio (rev a1)
	Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd GK110 HDMI Audio

Sound is really terrible. Every few seconds I can hear some
"cracking". It is also somehow distorted, like when you try
to put over-amplified signal to weak speakers.

I tested different audio/video players, different audio/video
media files, it is always the same. When I switch hard-drives
and put inside the old one still with windows7 installed,
everything works normally. I suppose my problem has something
to do with linux-driver and related software. I'm using default
/etc/pulse/daemon.conf, never changed any value.

Any idea how I could fix this?

Jarry