[pulseaudio-discuss] Sound cracking and distorted...

Jarry mr.jarry at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 19:24:45 UTC 2018

Not sure if I understand correctly (this is my first time trying
linux on desktop), but I listed my devices "aplay -L" first.

Then I tried to play test file once as:
"aplay -D pulse test.wav" (is this aplay->pulse->alsa->speaker?)
and then:
"aplay -D sysdefault:CARD=PCH test.vaw" (aplay->alsa->speaker?)
(my sysdefault is HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog)

Results were the same: sound crackling every 3-4 seconds.
So as you said, it means problem is not with pulseaudio?
Then I will try to ask for help on alsa mailing-list...

Jarry