[pulseaudio-discuss] how to Start a pulseaudio application as a daemon with systemd

Christophe Lohr christophe.lohr at cegetel.net
Fri May 11 12:15:28 UTC 2018

Le 09/05/2018 à 09:34, Christophe Lohr a écrit :
> Many thanks for your advice. The 'system-wide' strategy is the solution
> to my problem.
>
> I configured it according to:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/SystemWide/
> https://gist.github.com/awidegreen/6003640
> https://fhackts.wordpress.com/2017/07/01/running-pulseaudio-system-wide-with-pacmd-on-arch/
>
> This seems ok now!

hum hum... in fact, no :-(
this doesn't work so much (my first tests were probably not consistent)

I don't know if clients can't reach the server, or if the server rejects
connection

$ pacat
Connection failure: Connection refused
pa_context_connect() failed: Connection refused

What does this means?
How may I get more detailed log messages? (from clients, from server) A
way to monitor the activity of the server?

The server is executed as follow:
$ pgrep -a pulseaudio
19813 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --system --disallow-exit --realtime
--log-target=journal --daemonize=no

/etc/pulse/client.conf contains:
default-server = /var/run/pulse/native
autospawn = no

I am member of the 'pulse-acces' group:
$ id
uid=1001(clohr) gid=1001(clohr)
groups=1001(clohr),27(sudo),29(audio),110(wireshark),114(pulse-access)

So, what's wrong?

Any idea is welcome
Best regards
Christophe