[pulseaudio-discuss] avoid-resampling -> avoid-processing

Sangchul Lee sangchul1011 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 05:43:52 UTC 2018

2018년 9월 27일 (목) 오후 12:30, Arun Raghavan <arun at arunraghavan.net>님이 작성:

> > > Having an "avoid-processing" option is a good idea. I'm not sure what
> > > your proposal is for the old "avoid-resampling" option in daemon.conf.
> > > I'd like to keep that separate, so that it only affects sample rate
> > > conversion.
> >
> > I understood the backward compatibility you said. Do I need to modify
> > the patch expanding bit-depth("Consider sample format for
> > avoid-resampling/passthrough") with the new 'avoid-processing' option?
> > (I might upload a patch to the gitlab next time.)
>
> I've got a bunch of  changes waiting on top of hte existing passthrough test MR. You probably should work off that. I've got the changes at https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/arun/pulseaudio/tree/reconfigure

I checked commits on your local branch including replacing the option
name. It will be great to have the previous option with some logs for
guide according to the "The next best alternative" of tanu's opinion.

And for now, I'll share V3 of "Consider sample format.." patch without
changing the name via email soon.

Regards,
Sangchul.