[pulseaudio-discuss] Cannot start Pulse Audio when using ALSA plug-in as sound source

Krzysztof Cieniawski kcieniawski at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 13:32:15 UTC 2019

Hello!

I am developing ALSA plug-in based on ALSA PCM External Plugin SDK. Plug-in
is source plug and has to convert PDM signal from microphone input to PCM
used by Linux. I have succeeded to compile it using cmake and I have copied
it to ALSA lib directory. I have updated *.asoundrc* file and make right
PCM connection. I am able to record sound using this plug-in with *arecord*
command. Unfortunatelly when I start *PulseAudio* server I got error
message:

I: [pulseaudio] (alsa-lib)dlmisc.c: Cannot open shared library
/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_iopdm.so
I: [pulseaudio] alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device temp: No such
device or address
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-alsa-source"
(argument: "device=temp"): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.

I would like to use PulseAudio on top of my device because I am using
Amazon Alexa which use PulseAudio. How to get things right? Where is the
problem? If there is other solution available I would be grateful for it to.
On the path given in this error message there is this plug-in.

I would be very grateful for any help!

Regards,

Krzysztof Cieniawski