[pulseaudio-discuss] Pavucontrol on Flathub

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Jul 1 05:56:45 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2019-06-29 at 10:37 +0530, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Just a heads-up -- Will Thompson has nice enough to create a flatpak
> for pavucontrol. It's on flathub, so you can see it at:
>
>   https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.pulseaudio.pavucontrol
>
> Instructions on installing are also on that page.
>
> For those who are unfamiliar with it, flatpak provides a way to run
> applications in a sandbox, against a standard distribution-neutral
> runtime. Flathub is a repository for a number of such applications.
>
> The code for the flatpak of pavucontrol is at:
>
>   https://github.com/flathub/org.pulseaudio.pavucontrol

That's great!

What are your views on what we should or shouldn't do with this in the
future? Ideally we'd maintain it upstream, because as a user I'd prefer
to trust the upstream rather than some third party when installing
flatpaks (and if the upstream maintains the flatpak, it will probably
be always up to date). It would just mean some extra work for us when
doing releases.

At least the appdata.xml file looks like something that we should
maintain ourselves.

We should probably advertise this on the pavucontrol home page.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk
https://liberapay.com/tanuk