[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio master is frozen

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Tue Jul 2 05:56:29 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-07-01 at 11:29 +0530, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> Hi folks,
> As we were discussing, 13.0 is a bit overdue, so we're freezing
> master now. Release tracker issue is at:
>
>   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/issues/174
>
> Just as a refresher, this means we will not be landing any new
> features to master without an explicit exception, and only critical
> bug fixes should land outside of those changes.
>
> We used to keep a temporary 'next' branch for the times where the
> freeze cycle went longer and we didn't want to hold reviewed patches
> back. This may not be necessary any more with the Gitlab merge
> request system
>
> We have discussed an exception for Pali's initial A2DP fixes,
> Russell's info script, and the fixes for the pending bug on the
> tracker relating to detecting when we are running in a VM.

I had a look at where we are with Pali's patches, and it seems that the
patches that we really want are reviewed, and there were some
improvements requested. Therefore this part is currently blocked on
waiting for new patch versions.

Pali, do you have fixes for the first three (or even just the first
two) patches? These:
 * bluetooth: Fix A2DP codec API to provide information about data
buffer
 * bluetooth: Fix usage of RTP structures in SBC codec
 * bluetooth: Implement reading SO_TIMESTAMP for A2DP source

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk
https://liberapay.com/tanuk