[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio master is frozen

Arun Raghavan arun at arunraghavan.net
Mon Jul 1 05:59:52 UTC 2019

Hi folks,
As we were discussing, 13.0 is a bit overdue, so we're freezing master now. Release tracker issue is at:

  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/issues/174

Just as a refresher, this means we will not be landing any new features to master without an explicit exception, and only critical bug fixes should land outside of those changes.

We used to keep a temporary 'next' branch for the times where the freeze cycle went longer and we didn't want to hold reviewed patches back. This may not be necessary any more with the Gitlab merge request system

We have discussed an exception for Pali's initial A2DP fixes, Russell's info script, and the fixes for the pending bug on the tracker relating to detecting when we are running in a VM.

Cheers,
Arun