[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio 12.99.1

Arun Raghavan arun at arunraghavan.net
Tue Jul 9 03:25:05 UTC 2019

Hi folks,
I've just pushed out the tarballs for the long overdue PulseAudio 12.99.1 (for the new folks here, that's 13.0 RC1).

tarball: https://www.freedesktop.org/software/pulseaudio/releases/pulseaudio-12.99.1.tar.xz
sha256: 1001206668f099cce03985b5ae39707aefaae04e9078a273c7c505d51153be31

New features include: a meson build system (coexisting with autotools for now), support for BlueZ 4 is dropped, constified various bits in headers, fixes for suspend-handling on newer Intel chipsets, and a lot of fixes across the board. A full changelog will be available with the final release.

Testing of the meson build would be appreciated. We will probably prefer to move to that as the single default build system within a release or two.

Embarrassingly, I lost my GPG private key while moving laptops, so the tag is signed with a new key (which should still have a similar chain of trust to the previous one).

Bug reports go to Gitlab as usual (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/issues)

13.0 release blockers are tracked at https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/issues/174.

Cheers,
Arun