[pulseaudio-discuss] Changing Volume on Streams ( not Sinks )

Brian Bulkowski brian at bulkowski.org
Sun Jul 28 00:44:47 UTC 2019

Answering my own question, it seems that a Stream ( from the client API
perspective ) creates a new Sink Input under the covers. Each Stream
ends up with a unique Sink, which combine further down the line.

The ID of that Sink Input can be grabbed with pa_stream_get_index, after
it is up and running ( probably valid right after the stream connect
callback ), and that index can be used to set volume.

Whew, I think this has saved me a ton of work, although the amount of
time spent finding the solution was kinda high :-) Hopefully this thread
helps someone else in the same situation.

Regards

-brian